2 Hospitalized After Gas Leak At Orlando Strip Mall

Emergency crews rushed two people to a hospital because of a gas leak at an Orlando strip mall Wednesday.

Two patients were taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center for dizziness but are in stable condition, according to reports.

The shopping plaza at Orange Blossom Trail and Holden Avenue was evacuated.

According to reports, a manager of a food store was chiseling away ice from a freezer containing fish when he hit a Freon line.

Hazmat crews responded to contain it. The Health Department and state fire marshal were called in.

No one ever wants to be involved in a gas leak situation. However, the truth is that these accidents happen, so it is best to be prepared. The following safety steps can be of help should a gas leak arise:  

  • Alert everyone in the near vicinity and immediately get away from the gas odor.
  • Do not use any sources that may act as an ignition to a gas leak such as matches, vehicles, cell phones and flash lights until you move to a reasonable and safe distance away from the area.
  • Get to a safe place and then call 911.

If you have suffered an injury in a gas leak or explosion, let our Florida Injury Lawyers at Whittel & Melton help. Call us today at 866-608-5529 or contact us online to request a free consultation.

Contact Information